Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Requesting a Marriage License

The Cook and I filed a request for a marriage license at the Municipal Hall last October 23. We submitted our Birth Certificates and filled out a form. As we were doing this, I saw a high school classmate who's also filing for a marriage license. She's getting married in December to a British man. Congrats to you G!

When you're living in a small town, it's more likely that you'll meet someone you know wherever you are. Case in point, The Cook. When we where at the Municipal Hall, everyone whom we transacted business with knew him. His eldest brother works at the MH and they immediately recognized The Cook. Even the Cashier staff whom we paid the license to is a cousin of The Cook. Small world. Silent wedding, be gone.

After Municipal Hall, we went to the Parish and submitted my Affidavit of Baptism (since my Baptismal Certificate is nowhere to be found). They gave us another document confirming that I was indeed baptized as a Catholic. The secretary advised us to keep a copy of the two documents for future reference. Since my original Baptismal Certificate is gone, I have these two documents as proof of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter