Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Family Planning Seminar

A requirement in getting a marriage license is a certificate from a family planning seminar. It is held every Thursday afternoon at the Municipal Health Center. I took a leave for one Thursday and the Cook and I attended the said seminar.

We arrived at the Health Center and there were couples already waiting. We signed a log book and saw that most of our batchmates in the seminar are having their weddings in November. I thought, "Are we the only ones who attended the seminar too early?" But, scanning the pages, there were couples marrying in January who already attended the seminar. We were not alone. :)

The first topic, the speaker talked about having a married life and the responsibilities to your partner and future children. The second topic is about family planning methods. But I think the seminar was a little bit too late for some of the soon-to-be-wives since they are obviously soon-to-be-moms also. :)

When it was time to discuss the family planning methods, I was laughing when the speaker talked about condoms. She joked about how to put it and who should put it and discard it. I won't tell you who should do what. :)

After the seminar, the speaker gave us our certificates and told us that we may give a donation at their donation box.

I enjoyed the seminar since I learned alot (not only about family planning) but about living with another person for the rest of your life. I learned pointers on how to go about once I become a wife and a mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter