Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Naive Bride or Just Being Practical?


My 2 BFF and I met over the weekend to talk about The Wedding. As I showed them my wedding budget, they were aghast. They said I underestimated most of the things such as the flowers, food, etc. They cannot believe I budgeted small amounts for this and that. :(

I said I'm being practical. There's global recession and I'm not going to splurge on The Wedding. I'm not going to spend ₱₱₱₱ for my bouquet that will only wilt the next day. For me, it's throwing away money that could well be spent to other important wedding stuff. They joked (but they are serious) that if I don't have money to pay for the flowers, they'll pay for their own bouquets.

Here's part of our conversation:
Me: I just want to relax before the wedding. Let's go to a spa and get massages and body scrubs.
BFF1: We should go to the spa two days before the wedding.
BFF2: You'll be busy the day before.
Me: I don't wanna be busy. (thinks for a moment) What are the things that I'll be busy with?
BFF1: The caterer, the tables, the bouquets, etc.
Me: I don't want to think about those things. I don't want to have alot of expectations. The only thing that is important to me is that my fiancé and I are at the wedding ceremony with our friends and family. Period.
BFF 1 and 2: Impossible.
Me: (Hides under a rock.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter