Wednesday, February 18, 2009

After the Fair

I went to a bridal fair at Megamall over the weekend with my bestfriend. It was my first (ever) bridal fair to go to and I was a bit excited and still hesitant. I told myself that I'll just do some sort of “window shopping” and not feel awkward if most of the things I'll see at the fair are not included in the wedding plans. I'm there to get inspiration, see what's the trend in weddings and learn how much different wedding services cost nowadays.

Since I pre-registered on the Wedding Library's website, we were able to get into the fair quickly. No writing down my contact information, wedding details, etc. And no entrance fees!

No picture taking is allowed inside the halls. :(

As expected, so many wedding suppliers are in the fair. It's as if all companies related or that can cater to wedding needs are inside the halls. Most of them are photo/video services. Everywhere you look, there are bulky photo albums on tables and sample wedding videos on TVs propped on walls. I noticed that wedding albums on display are big and bulky, with thick leather-bound covers. Usually, the videos are of celebrity weddings they covered. There are lots of visual effects and lovely background songs. Sigh...

Gowns, gowns, gowns! There were the usual white gowns and I saw a colorful gown with lots of embelishments. Most of the gowns have modern designs, some have lots of ruffles and lace. But sad to say, nothing caught my fancy.

I saw invitations which used the Philippine passport as its theme and invites with pop-up caricatures of the bride and groom. So cute and different from the usual invitations! The price: P85-100 each.

Catering services are, of course, present at the fair. Lots and lots of catering services. They invited us to free food tasting to be held at another date and place. Tempting...It's ironic that with all the catering services, we only sampled a mango crepe from one company. Heehee.

Cupcakes are the way to go if you do not want cake. Cupcakes in layers are displayed together with traditional wedding cakes. You can also use cupcakes as souvenirs so your guests can take home something from the celebration.

We sampled some sparkling fruit juices. It's called
Keror. The tagline: “Makes you bubbly not tipsy”. It looks like wine but it's not. I took a sip of the Raspberry while my bestfriend had the White Grapes. We liked the White Grapes. At only P130 for a 750ml bottle of Keror, I'm thinking of serving it to the wedding.

Souvenirs range from bag holders, bath sets for bridesmaids, chocolates, novelty items, wines in small bottles, personalized items, etc.

Hotel and honeymoon packages are available. There's even a real estate booth for those who want to start owning a home.

There's also a booth of the
NSO and DFA – for birth certificates, CENOMAR and passports. So you see, all that you need for a wedding are in the fair. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter