Thursday, June 25, 2015

Lipid Profile and FBS

Photo credit: www.acam.org

With seven blood tests done which you could read here, I now needed to have the two tests -- Lipid Profile and Fasting Blood Sugar (FBS) -- done at a hospital near where I live in the province. My cousin-in-law, T, suggested that I ask a doctor to give me a request for those two blood tests, since Manila Endocrine Laboratory got my prescription after I got my blood extracted.


I consulted with my ENT doctor and told her about my situation. She also knew about my story of infertility. She gave me a request for the two tests and my HMO approved.

I needed to fast for 10-12 hours. Within that time period, I should have my blood extracted at the hospital.  My last water intake was 9:00 pm and I got my blood extraction at 7:20 am the next day. As I was waiting for my turn, I read the bill for my tests. Lipid Profile was P1,104 and FBS was P264. At Manila Endocrine Laboratory, Lipid Profile was P650. After three hours, I got my lab results.

Based on my limited knowledge, it seemed my results did not exceed the maximum normal levels. But, I noticed that my FBS was nearing the maximum level. Could it mean I'm a candidate for diabetes? Wah!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Blog.. Thanks for sharing very useful information. You have done good job, keep it up.
    Lipid Blood Tests

    ReplyDelete

 
Free Hit Counter