Tuesday, March 20, 2012

No Choice

image here
I'm at a point where I'm thinking about what to do in a few months. God-willing, we will be able to construct our house by August or September, before Hubby arrives. He aspires that by that time, I have left work in the city to manage a small business in the province or pursue a work-at-home career. Much better he said if I can just focus on our future family life since he can provide for all our needs. The last statement is very tempting, but as my late Nanay (grandma) said, women should work so you don't need to ask your husbands to pay for your makeup and whatnots.

A friend told me that it's easy for me to do any of those options. Unlike her, she said she has "no choice" but to stay working in an office that overworks but is unappreciative (financially and emotionally) of her. She has two kids and her husband's income is not that big. She can't change companies anytime soon just because she's unhappy with her current work.

It got me thinking. Does having kids give you no option for change career-wise? Will you be really tied down to whatever gives you income eventhough it sucks the joy out of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter