Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Citiseconline Easy Investment Plan (COL EIP)


image here

I learned about Citiseconline through Bo Sanchez' newsletter. I attended their free seminars and got interested in investing in the stock market. The important term here is "investing". When you invest in the stock market, it means letting your money stay for a certain period of time. Regardless whether the market becomes bullish (up) or bearish (down), you will NOT take your investment until you reach the allotted time you set for your investment. You have to learn the skill to "invest and forget". To know more about EIP, visit www.citiseconline.com.


In 2009, I received my salary loan from SSS. I've heard that SSS members should make their SSS accounts active by applying loans so as to avoid other individuals of using your accounts. This is scary, if true. I received the check, already subtracted with 10% interest. I thought about whether spending the money or investing it. I decided to invest it.


In a personal finance article I've read, I've learned that when you get a windfall or extra money (as what happens to most employees), you should save it or better yet, invest it. Since I had no expected large expense in the horizon, I invested my SSS loan in EIP. 
Every three months, I deposited a fixed amount to my EIP account until the loan was fully invested in the market. I only bought shares of a food conglomerate. This investment is for my retirement so I have no reason to withdraw my investment anytime soon.
Fast forward today. My shares now gains double-digits! I've beat inflation and the 10% interest from my salary loan. I cannot get this profit in a bank. This is an example on making my money work for me.


People I know now wished they tagged along when I opened my EIP account three years ago. If they did, they would be able to experience the thrill of seeing your money grow, with only minimal effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter