Thursday, August 18, 2011

An Expensive Change of Plans

Last May, I grabbed a seat promo of Cebu Pacific. Hubby and I are planning to go to Puerto Princesa and just in time, Cebu Pacific announced its fare promo. I paid online and got my itinerary. Woohoo!

Fast forward three months later, it seems we will not be able to be in Palawan in the dates we planned, and the flights I have booked. Hubby's replacement is not yet available (still processing his papers, ugh!) and he has to stay at work for about four more weeks. Yipes! I called his office to confirm his arrival. The woman I talked to was not helpful nor comforting. The papers of his replacement will be processed till the 23rd. She told me to wait a little longer. I wanted to say "I've been waiting for my husband for nine long months and you tell me now to wait a little longer?! What's wrong with you?" But, of course I didn't say those things.

Since it seems we aren't going to make it to our Palawan vacation as planned, I rebooked our flights. The fees and fare difference for rebooking is more expensive than the tickets I paid for! Double whammy!

Lesson: Wait for a month or more after Hubby's end-contract before booking for a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter