Thursday, March 12, 2009

Eco-friendly rings


There are a lot of things I learn and continue to learn as I plan our wedding. I was only searching for wedding rings when I learned about eco-friendly rings and rings that use conflict-free diamonds.

I only learned now that people should think twice about buying jewelry with diamonds. We should be sure where the stones came from since the diamonds may be harvested using child labor, using violence and exploitation of communities and the environment.

In the US, there is a website that offers eco-friendly wedding rings. GreenKarat
uses recycled gold in creating wedding rings. The idea is you get old gold from your family and friends and the greenKarat will melt the collected gold and form it as your wedding rings. It's symbolic and at the same time, eco-friendly. I wonder if there's something like that here in the Philippines...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter