Thursday, April 27, 2017

Amazed with their Positivity

Credit: GoFundMe
Over the weekend, I watched a segment of Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho about the story of the Go brothers.


The three brothers have a history of liver cancer. The first two brothers already succumbed to the disease at age 29. Now, the youngest is 27 and was also diagnosed with the early stages of the same condition.

I couldn't help but feel sympathy. The mother tearfully told in the interview that she prays to God to spare her youngest from suffering the same fate as his older brothers.

This may be a devastating story. Imagine, at a young age, the big C already took the older siblings and the probability of the youngest to escape the same fate is close to nil. 

What struck me, though, was how the youngest Go brother, Hisham, was full of positivity. 

Despite, or maybe because, of his situation, he remains grounded with the Lord. Even if science paints a bleak picture of his future, his faith remains strong. He says that, together with God, he WILL beat cancer. All throughout his interview, he was full of life and praises to the Almighty.

The story of the Go brothers made me think about my life---about my struggles in getting pregnant. Here I am, being bitter and sad about not conceiving while there are many others who are facing a much more heavy burden. 

I could whine and wallow in self-pity every time I see a pregnant lady, or I could look at the other side of the coin and be thankful for all the blessings I have. I should be more appreciative of my life.

Credit: Pixabay
Hubby said that as long as we're alive and healthy, we should be thankful. Having a baby will just be a bonus of our wonderful life.

I join the others who are praying that Hisham conquers cancer. I hope her mother receives what she's asking for from God. 

I found out that there is an online fund raising campaign to help Hisham's treatment. If you want to help, you can donate here: Free Moi's Liver.

How about you guys? What blessings are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter