Friday, July 17, 2015

Interpretation of Blood Tests and SIS

I had a Saline Infusion Sonohysterosalpingogram (SIS) which you could read here at St. Luke's Global. The result would be available after 1-2 hours. Since Dr. Guinto had a clinic in the afternoon, I decided to consult with her after getting the SIS result.


After lunch, I returned to the Women's Healthcare and asked about my SIS. The nurse gave me an envelope with two copies of the SIS and a CD. I was curious why the name of the procedure was HYSTEROSALPHINGOGRAM. Anyway, I went to Dr. Guinto's clinic and waited for my turn.

SIS

Dr. Guinto told me that according to the SIS report, I have "Right Adnexal Adhesions," meaning, there were several adhesions (dikit-dikit) outside my right fallopian tube. Maybe years ago, I had an infection which wasn't completely treated that it reached my tube and infected it, causing those adhesions.

She said fallopian tubes are located behind the uterus and they move whenever you move. But, since mine has adhesions, the right tube doesn't move. In case the egg and sperm meet in the right fallopian tube, there is a risk the embryo won't be able to go back to the uterus, causing an ectopic pregnancy. She suggested a laparoscopy to remove those adhesions.

If the laparoscopy is done at St. Luke's we are looking at P160,000; with PGH, P100,000 for a private room and P40,000 for charity.

Blood Tests

Dr. Guinto then reviewed the blood tests I had with Manila Endocrine Laboratory (read here). I passed the nine tests, except for LAT (Leukocyte Antibody Test). :( The result showed a "Negative," which meant that my LAT scores were low. I needed the result to be "Positive." She referred me to a Reproductive Immunologist in Asian Hospital since I told her that it was the big hospital near my area and I could do my check-ups with her there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter