Monday, January 27, 2014

The Book Jar


If you're like me who loves to read and hoard books at home, chances are, you have tons of books on your shelves still left untouched. Maybe you've forgotten what titles you own. Books purchased months ago, or even years ago, are left behind the shelf or under the bed, collecting dust.

Before the start of the year, I list the titles of books I would like to read for the new year. I have my list for 2014 until I saw a wonderful inspiration on how to pick the books to read -- by having a Book Jar.

On each piece of scratch paper, I wrote the unread books I have on the bookshelf. Much to my surprise, I had lots of books that are awaiting for me to read them. So far, I have 40 titles on my Book Jar. I feel sorry for these books since I haven't had the chance to open their pages after I bought them.

Now, instead of my annual book list, I will pick one whenever I've finished reading one book. This brings excitement to my book reading addiction.


And today, I picked: White Fang by Jack London. I wrote down the date so I know when I started reading this book. I'm pretty happy with my pick.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter