Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Novenas I Inherited


My cousin's wife, T, recently visited our home after the baptismal of their son. Since it took them many years to conceive, our aunts hoped that I would be the next to get pregnant. They told me to carry the baby and spend time with him so I could get the "baby energy" and hopefully, get pregnant soon. I was touched when my aunts gave me positive affirmations and revealed that they were praying for me because they were excited to have babies around. For a TTC wife like me, I thirst hearing other people tell me that everything will be alright, that I'll get pregnant soon, and that they're praying for me.

T gave me the novenas she used for all those years, and a rosary. She told me to pray with my heart everyday. As I pray the rosary, I should think about offering a rose to Mama Mary for each Hail Mary. She also said I shouldn't be hesitant about asking people for prayers.

I was happy as she gave me those novenas. I heard that a prayer book is more powerful if someone gives it to you. I wanted someone to give a novena book to me, without me asking for it. Inay gave me a Padre Pio novena in 2011, but that was after I asked for it. :) So, T giving me her personal novenas touched me. The novenas have a rich history from a strong woman who battled all odds just to have a baby. As you will notice, they show signs of frequent use and age.

Image here
The Our Lady of La Leche novena is new for me. I've never heard about her and I was instantly drawn to the breastfeeding Mary. 

Years ago when I was still single, I've vowed that when I get to be blessed with a baby, I would breastfeed him/her. A former officemate, who was also a lactation consultant, told me that mothers should breastfeed since God gave women breasts for a reason. Every woman has milk in her breasts to nourish a little one. Breast milk is pure, nutritious, and perfect for a baby.

At the end of the novena book, is a list of churches where an image of Our Lady is located. I plan to visit one of those sites soon. The feast day of Our Lady of La Leche is October 11.

I was introduced to the novena to St. Raymund Nonato by my cousin. She advised me to get one since St. Raymund is the patron saint of pregnant women, children, childbirth, and midwives. I've bought one but only prayed the novena for a few days. I'll start praying this novena again.

Image here


God always answers prayers. Sometimes, He answers "YES" and sometimes, "NO." There are moments when I feel discouraged when my prayer for a baby isn't answered with a YES. Sometimes, I need someone to remind me that prayers are always answered at the right time, in His own beautiful and magical way.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter