Tuesday, November 13, 2012

How to Get an NBI Clearance

One Tuesday, Hubby and I went to the NBI Clearance Center in Manila. We arrived at around 10:30 am.

We filled out the forms carefully using a black pen. Letters must be capitalized. Tip: Go inside the Center where there are chairs and with good ventilation. Use the sample forms printed on tarps as guide in filling out your form.



We went to the Data Check area. Several counters were provided to check our forms. Prepare to show two valid government IDs, birth certificate, or any of the requirements listed here. Tip: In your form, write the ID number which you will be presenting.

After data checking, we went inside the first floor for payment. Tip: Prepare the exact amount for the NBI clearance. For Travel Abroad or Local Employment purposes, the fee is P115.

We went to the second floor, Encoding. Females were separated from the males. An NBI staff "herd" the applicants. That day, there seemed to be more male applicants than female. If the queue for females became shorter, males were allowed to queue there. The wait was not long since there were many encoders available.

Next, we went to the third floor, Biometrics. Again, the males had a different queue. When it was my turn, I gave my form and official receipt (from the first floor) to the staff. Photo was taked via web cam and each of my fingertips were placed on a biometric machine. The staff stamped the back of my OR and wrote the date when I can get my clearance. Note: If there is no problem (you have no namesake or criminal records), you can get your NBI clearance after 5 working days.

I finished my clearance application in one hour. Hubby finished after two hours.


NBI Clearance Center
NBI Clearance Building
United Nations Avenue, Ermita
Manila, Philippines 1000
www.nbi.gov.ph



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter