Friday, June 29, 2012

Sabbatical

image here


In a few months, Hubby will be coming home. I'm excited to see him after 9 months of geographical separation.


I'm thinking of taking time off from work (and maybe resign soon?) to spend quality time with Hubby. We're only together for 2-3 months a year so I want to make the most out of it.


In one of my insane moments over the phone, I asked him if he could take a sabbatical also. No overseas contracts. No talks of vessels. Just him and me bonding, getting to know each other as husband and wife. We could start a small business. We could plan our future house. We could just be as a normal couple as could be.


I can hear my clock ticking. I want to deny it and throw it under a rug but I can't anymore. Conceiving is difficult for us and if we continue living this kind of life wherein we are only together for a quarter of a year, we are not helping our chances of conception.


I reasoned, this is the right time to do it. We have savings. We only have to support each other financially. We have no kids (yet) whom we are responsible for. If we have to take a risk, now is the time.


I know he's hesitant. I am, too. But, family comes first.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter