Friday, June 1, 2012

No Junk June



I'm starting a new challenge for myself this June. For the whole month, I will not eat junk food (e.g. chips, chicharon, cheese curls, salty nuts, fish crackers, etc.). Junk food is part of my diet, sad to say. I want something salty after meals, while watching TV, while reading. When I can't pinpoint what I want to eat, by default, it's junk food.


This challenge is inspired by an article in Get Rich Slowly. For a month, you will refrain yourself from doing one thing with expense such as buying from the coffee shop, eating out, etc. It may look like you are depriving yourself but think of it as being a one month deal for the year. You have the rest of 11 months to do things as usual.


The money that you will save from this "challenge" can be saved or invested. Spending it might not be good since it defeats the purpose of the challenge.


Now, I'm starting my self-imposed challenge. Hopefully, I can NOT eat junk this month and be a bit healthier by the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter