Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It's not a Scarf! It's a Furoshiki


Furoshiki is a piece of cloth widely used in wrapping items, especially lunch/bento boxes, in Japan. When I was young, I watched "Japan Video Topics", a show about Japanese culture, and there I learned about this useful and eco-friendly cloth.

Japan Video Topics showed how to use a furoshiki in wrapping different items such as bento box, books, bottle of wine, and even a watermelon. It was so cute, like doing origami. Since then, I wanted to have a furoshiki just to try wrapping items with cloth. I can use a scarf, but I think I should use the real thing.

Thanks to my sister's friend who was in Japan for several months and who just arrived recently. He brought home a furoshiki. My very own.

Here's my first furoshiki-wrapped item (my lunch box) in a basic carry wrap. I got the instructions here.

Otsukai Tsutsumi

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter