Tuesday, April 24, 2012

5K Run


One of my goals for 2012 is to be able to join a 5K fun run, if possible during my birthday week in August. I joined a 3K run last 2009 and I want to do it again but I have to level up.

I'm not an avid runner. I have a sort-of love-hate relationship with running. Having a goal like joining a fun run will prompt me to actually start running again. 

At first I thought running might further jeopardize the position of my cervix ("mababa ang matris" ko, I don't know if there's an English term for that.) but I've been putting off running for a few years now because of that. Right now, I don't want to be a person who puts her life on hold.

I've searched for a training plan to use and found this perfect plan for me at The Running Bug. The pace is just right for me, being a sedentary person for years. I don't want to rush into running, afraid of injuring myself in the process.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter