Monday, October 3, 2011

Padre Pio


Women like me who are trying to get pregnant almost always look for divine intervention in their quest to conception. Being in a mostly Catholic country, we pray to God, attend healing masses and pray novenas to Mama Mary and different patron saints. One such patron saint is Padre Pio.

Last year, I bought a Padre Pio novena and attended a healing mass at his shrine near where I live. My mother-in-law said that a novena should ideally be given to the woman wanting to get pregnant. No one has given me a novena yet. I don't want to ask my family and friends to give me a novena. :)

Then, one morning my officemate, G, said her mother is pestering her. Her mom was always asking G if she has given me Tintin Bersola-Babao's article in a local newspaper about Padre Pio. She gave the newspaper to me. Included in the article is the Prayer for the Intercession of St. Pio of Pietrelcina. I told her it must be a very good sign. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter