Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Home Sweet Home

The Cook is home!

Finally, 18 days after the maritime accident in the container ship where he works at, he is now home.




I waited for his flight to arrive at the NAIA 1 (Ninoy Aquino International Airport). It was my first time to pick him up at this airport, the previous ones were always in the new Centennial Terminal. I was surprised that NAIA 1's waiting area had little room for families. Around 6 or 7 seats per area was already occupied when I came. The sun was hot (his flight is supposed to arrive at 3:35PM), the air is humid, the people are patiently waiting and monitoring the TV screen if the flight of their loved one has arrived. I sat on a dirty cart beside a stairs which smelled like urine (ugh!) for a few minutes to rest my feet and tried to read a book. When I couldn't take it anymore, I just waited behind the grilled fence and waited for The Cook.



Since he wasn't able to retreive his cellphone from the blast, I planned on not losing sight of him when he arrives so we would not have trouble locating each other.



And then I saw him. He lost weight and his pinkish white complexion. :)



And then I lost sight of him!



After a few minutes I received a call from my cellphone and I knew it was him.

Finally, we met!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter