Wednesday, August 7, 2013

An Enchanted Birthday

My nephew from Hubby's side of the family celebrated his 4th birthday last August 4. His parents organized a day of bonding and fun at Enchanted Kingdom (EK). I've been to EK twice -- once during college as a class celebration for a big production we did and the last one was in 2007. I was excited to come back and have fun at EK.


We started our excursion after lunch and my in-laws immediately rode the Disco Magic Ride, a new ride featuring a giant disk-shaped ride which can accommodate 24 people. The disc would spin and rock to an upbeat music while riders scream either for fun or fear. It was hilarious seeing Hubby's siblings shut their eyes and scream as they hold on to dear life. As for me, I'm not fond of riding those kind of rides since I get dizzy easily and I didn't want to spoil my day being sick.


My best friend since high school who was married to Hubby's brother urged me to ride the hot air balloon ride. I joined her, her husband, and son for the ride. I was a bit scared of getting dizzy, but I didn't.


I entered the Rialto 3D Theatre with the pack. The movie was Journey to Mysterious Island 2. The clip shown was the part where the movie's main characters were riding giant bees and being chased by colorful birds. At the end of the show, I was a bit disappointed since I didn't experience the same thrill when I went there in 2007. 


The ride which I've been wanting to ride ever since was the Jungle Log Jam. Together with Hubby's youngest sister, we bravely rode the log. As we were moving, I was surprised to learn that the ride included an uphill climb and a downward splash! I totally forgot about that. My best friend was surprised too when she saw me riding the Log Jam. Good thing, I was alive after the ride to tell the tale.


It was a very long and tiring day at Enchanted Kingdom but boy, did we had fun! Also, I get to learn more about the family dynamics of my in-laws. It was difficult to adjust with another family if your Hubby was away. During this kind of activity do I miss Hubby terribly. Seeing his family made me wished he was there with me, enjoying the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter