Sunday, January 3, 2010

Souvenir Plants

I was able to have plants as wedding favors. Not only are they cute, they are also eco-friendly. I'm sure our souvenirs will not be left to collect dust in someone's display cabinet. :)
One of my Pink Fairies, A, knew an owner of a nursery near her work place in Talisay, Batangas.


We went to Talisay one Saturday to talk with the owner, Ate Fely. Ate Fely showed us several plants that can be used as souvenirs. Initially, I wanted a Lucky Bamboo plant but since she doesn't have that, I chose which was available. I picked a nice Gabi-gabihan plant. It has heart-shaped leaves.

According to Health, Love and Life, the Gabi-gabihan plant or Caladium,

"The colorful leaves (Gabi-gabihan) are believed to bring good vibes to lovers and businessmen. These plants and many more have demonstrated to people that they are lucky in different ways."

I ordered 80 pots of the plant to be picked up the following week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Free Hit Counter